CAPS would like send a warm official welcome to the new Coaches joining the CAPS Coaching Team for the 2017-2018 Season. We’re very excited for the upcoming season and we can’t wait to get rolling. Here’s a quick paragraph on each of the new additions.
- Matt Deming, Lehigh University Assistant Men’s Coach
- Matt Deming will be taking over as the Head Coach of the 2002 CAPS Juventus Team AND the 2001 CAPS Real Madrid team. Coach Deming has many years of experience coaching at the youth and college level. He has been coaching at a high level since 2008 including a stint at Arsenal Soccer Club in Pittsburgh and Lock Haven University. Coach Deming played his collegiate soccer for Division II Lock Haven University where he played from 2003 to 2007.
- We are very excited for the future of the CAPS 02 Juventus Team and 01 Real Madrid Team, as Coach Deming guides our players forward in EDP and applies his first-hand experience with the recruiting process for those players interested in playing college soccer.
- Casey Rupon, Varsity Assistant Coach at Hunterdon Central Regional HS
- Casey Rupon will be taking over as Head Coach of the 2005 CAPS Barcelona team. Casey is a guidance counselor at Hunterdon Central. Casey attended and played for the Pingry School as well as her Academy Team during her high school years. She then continued on to play four years at Rutgers University, before becoming the varsity assistant at Hunterdon Central. She will be assisted by Jeannine Calhoun, Head Coach of the Hunterdon Central Girls Soccer Team, former Lasalle University Women’s Head Coach, and USSF “A” licensed coach. We are excited and proud to have such high caliber coaches leading our girls next season.
- Josh Briggs
- Josh Briggs will be the Head Coach of the 2007 CAPS Chelsea team. Coach Briggs, an ATSC staff member, holds his FA Level 2 in Coaching Football Certificate and a UEFA B License. Coach Briggs brings a wealth of experience in his young career and has most recently coached three EDP teams in the Marlboro Soccer Club. He previously trained teams at Preston North End FC (UK) and Chicago Fire SC. Additionally, he was an Academy Coach at Burnley FC (UK) before moving the to US. We are very excited to welcome Coach Briggs to our staff and look forward to the exciting future ahead.
We welcome these outstanding additions to a strong returning CAPS Coaching Team including Coach Anson Smith, Coach Jeannine Calhoun, Coach Jon Furlong, Coach Vincent McEnroe as well as CAPS Coaching assistant Trey Leggett.